PRODUCT CARE & USE
Caring for Unburned Candles :
You may notice your candle develop a light matte film over time. This is a natural phenomenon called bloom and occurs when the wax is exposed to cool temperatures. To remove the bloom, simply wipe it with a soft cloth. The original shine and colour will come through.
To avoid natural bleaching of the beeswax, do not keep the candle in direct sunlight. It causes the yellow colour to slowly fade and become white.
Usage According to Type :
Different types of candles are meant to burn differently :
- Pillar and cylinder candles are designed to stand on their own.
- Tapers are designed to be burned in a taper holder, which holds the candle upright while burning.
- Container candles are easy to maintain since they contain the beeswax within them. Be careful while touching the container during or after burning as it gets hot!
General Safety and Burning Tips for Beeswax Candles :
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable materials or overly crowded settings.
- Burn candles only in a draft-free environment away from fans, open windows, air ducts, etc. This will help to prevent any dripping or smoking.
- It is preferable to burn candles on candle stands or dishes to be completely safe.
- Light the wick from the base of the wick to allow the beeswax to absorb into the wick.
- Properly extinguish the candle flame.
INZUKI BEESWAX WRAPS
Usage of your Beeswax Wrap :
Step 1 : Lay your wrap flat out and place your food in the centre of the wrap.
Step 2 : Your wrap is self adhesive. With the warmth of your hands, press the wrap so it sticks to itself or to the food. The wrap will hold its shape when it cools and keep your food sealed. You can also use it on a bowl: lightly press it on the bowl for the wrap to adhere.
Step 3 : Store your wrapped food in the fridge, in your picnic box or in a cupboard.
Caring for your Beeswax Wrap :
This wrap can be used about 50 to 60 times. After use, softly hand wash it with clean COLD water (to avoid the wax to melt). Hang it to dry or wipe it with a soft towel to re-use immediately.
With time, your wrap will tarnish a little, due to the wrap being crumpled. After a month or after 10 uses, just lay the wrap flat in the oven (3min at 100°C) to re-pasteurise it and use it again!
Usage of your Picnic Bag :
Step 1 : Open the bag and stretch it out to create the shape of the bag
Step 2 : Place your food inside the bag.
Step 3 : Fold the top of the bag and fasten the cord. Use the handle to carry your food.
Caring for your Picnic Bag :
To clean, wipe it with a soft wet cloth and cold or lukewarm water. Do not rub it.
After a few uses, give it a fresh look and re-pasteurize it by putting it wide open in the oven at 100°c for 1 minute. Your bag is fresh and ready to go!